Friday, May 10, 2013

Week 4: Weigh-in

“Your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing.”
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865);
16th U.S. President

So, the weigh-in today was promising.  I am down another 3 lbs.  That takes me to a total of 13.6 since I began 4 weeks ago.

I started to exercise and it has really helped things along. I went for a 2 mile walk on Tuesday and today I did some yoga and went for a walk after dinner.  It's a process, I know.  I'll do more as I have a bit more time in my day.

It's been great feeling full on less food.  Now that school is out, the days have been a bit harder to make it through.  I am a boredom eater, and when the girls nap, I want to just eat so much.  I am trying so hard to fight these urges, successfully so far.  I just drink some water and that curbs the urge.

Tonight was the first night in a week that I have been able to cook. I made a really great Salmon dish, the recipe is below.

This is a short post, but I don't have much else to talk about today.  More to come.


Pan-Seared Salmon with Balsamic Drizzle


Weight Watchers Recipe
In No Time, from Weight Watchers Publishing Group
5 Stars
Ratings (83)
8PointsPlusValue
Prep time: 6 min
Cook time: 10 min
Other time: 0 min
Serves: 4
You can cook the salmon with or without the skin.

Ingredients

Instructions

  • To make the drizzle, bring the vinegar and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan; boil rapidly until it is reduced to about 1⁄4 cup, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool 2 minutes. Combine the onion, oil, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of the salt in a small jug; add the vinegar and set aside.
  • Sprinkle the salmon with the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Spray a nonstick skillet or a nonstick ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the salmon and cook until just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes on each side.
  • Divide the mesclun among 4 plates; top each with a piece of salmon and sprinkle with the drizzle. Yields 1 piece salmon, 1 cup mesclun, and scant 2 tablespoons drizzle per serving.

Notes

  • While removing it allows you to brown both sides of the fish, leaving it on helps hold the shape of the piece of salmon.If you do leave the skin on, avoid eating it because of its extra fat and calories.

4 comments:

  1. Trying to picture you doing yoga. Laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really enjoy yoga. It gives me that quiet time that I don't get much of these days.

    ReplyDelete