Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Big, Exciting, Busy Week

“Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though 'twere his own.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832);
Philosopher, Scientist, Author

So this week was quite a busy and exciting.  Sunday was Mother's Day, and as I said in the last post, it wasn't a great Weight Watchers Day for me.  Monday began Tech week for the production of The King & I that I am Music Directing for the Children's Theatre of Charlotte.  I have been at the theatre every evening this week until about 8:30 or 9, getting home at 9:15-9:45 every night.  Friday was my birthday.  I weighed in, and I lost another 1.5lbs (15 total). I made sure I left myself enough points for the delicious cake Stephenie and Madi made for me.  It was really good.  Friday night was opening night for The King & I.  These kids have been awesome from start to finish.  Truly inspiring for me.  The program at CTC is remarkable and now I can see why it is one of the biggest Children's Theatre companies in the United States.

All this being said, I have really focused on making sure my eating and exercising has been there.  I got to the park a few times with the girls during the days this week.  I only went 1 or 2 points  over my daily total on a couple of occasions.  I am still feeling really great.  The lifestyle change is really starting to become a habit for me.  I don't even find myself wanting to eat the bad things as much.  Sure, I still have a craving now and then, but I have some things that can substitute at home and it all works.  I am really starting to notice a change in my look.  My face is starting to thin out a bit, my clothes are getting a bit looser (which is really great), and I just find myself moving a bit better.  My health seems to be a bit better too.  I don't feel nearly as run down all the time.  It's really great.

My support system for this lifestyle change has been amazing.  My wife is so supportive, my family are all giving my great support, my friends too.  I just feel like this is so easy and they are all the reason for the ease.  Thank you everyone for your support and lets keep this going.

Today is Madi's Dance Recital, then the last performance of The King & I.  I am torn, excited to have time with family, but sad because these kids have really found a special place in my heart.  Tomorrow is the cast party.  Then Thursday, I go to England for a week (YAY!).  Keeping myself busy.

Onward and Upward!  More to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment