Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Continuing the Change


“Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.”Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965);British Statesman, Prime Minister, Author, Nobel Prize Winner


So, as I sit at home, finished with the school year, I am trying to figure out what to do for exercise.  I am a stay at home dad in the summer time.  I also work nights in the summer.  I am currently working as the Music Director for the Children's Theatre of Charlotte .  I am Music Directing The King and I for their OnStage program, which is for the students (grades 3-12) of their School of Theatre Training.  This takes me to Charlotte 4 nights a week and when I get home, I just want to spend time with my family (at least my wife, the kids are in bed by then).  I know these are just excuses, but I need to find something that I can do either at home that is low stress or something that I can do later in the evening (after Stephenie goes to bed). So here is where I put it to you all.  What do you all do around the home that is exercise.  I need suggestions.  I am looking into doing some yoga at home, but I am not that flexible. I do like yoga, however. I really want to make this lifestyle change work, so I need to find something to do.

This work with the Children's Theatre has take me away from home at dinner time, so the cooking has not been happening so much lately.  So, sorry, no recipes tonight.  I promise I will put more up here as I use them.  

Other than the lack of a real exercise regimen, I feel like things are still going along nicely for me.  I had a Dr. appointment on Tuesday to check on my health, and he seemed pleased that Weight Watchers was working so well for me.  

Anyway, that's all for tonight.  More to come.



1 comment:

  1. Dan, I bought a mini-elliptical machine, and I love it! Stores in the closet and I can do it while watching tv or listening to a book.

    ReplyDelete