Friday, May 24, 2013

England: Day 1

“Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882);
Philosopher, Poet, Author, Essayist

Well, today (and part of yesterday) I made the trip "across the pond" with the Chancel Choir from Myers Park United Methodist Church of Charlotte, NC.  We will be in England through May 31.  The flight over was uneventful, and I was so excited as this was my first trip out of the country.  When we landed, we got through customs, boarded the buses, and made our way to the hotel.  We arrived before check in time, so we got to get out and explore for a bit.  I had lunch with some friends, a Chicken Caesar Salad, and then made my way back to get checked in to the hotel.  After a short nap, we all went out for a group dinner.  We at at Med Kitchen, which was a truly delicious meal.   We had Eggs Florentine for the first course, marinated grilled chicken with patatas bravas and creme fraiche for the main course, and concluded with the most delicious chocolate cheesecake I've ever tasted (I also shared someone else's piece).  A friend and I shared a bottle of wine, and it made for a truly amazing meal. After dinner we boarded the bus back to the hotel, and now we are off to bed.  I went a bit over my points for today, but with all of the walking I did and will be doing and the fact that I am having a new experience, I thought it was okay.

I lost another 2.4 pounds this week.  I weighed in a day early because I was leaving for England.  This brings my grand total to 17.4 pounds.  I am really starting to notice that my clothes are fitting a bit looser, which I don't mind...at least I have a belt. We have a lot of fun things planned for the next 7 days, so I will maybe post one more time before we make our way back stateside.

See below a recipe for a delicious meal I had before I left and a few pictures of the dinner at Med Kitchen.

More to come!  Stay tuned.



Eggs Florentine
The Cheesecake

The Wine


California Club Wrap

California Club Wrap
Weight Watchers Recipe
4.5 Stars
Ratings (181)
3PointsPlusValue
Prep time: 8 min
Cook time: 0 min
Other time: 0 min
Serves: 1
It takes only a few minutes to make this wrap, which is crunchy, healthy and filling.

Ingredients

Instructions

  • Lay tortilla on a flat surface and spread with hummus. Layer with tomatoes, cucumber and watercress. Season to taste, roll up tightly and enjoy.

Notes

  • Although we've suggested that you use tomato, cucumber and watercress, fill it up with any veggies you have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment